Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Inverter install

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    The 32v outback inverter has been discontinued for a few years now, so you have to go 24v on the inverter. I guess you switch your 32v battery charger off while the inverter is on, and then back on when you run the shore/generator.
    I switch just about everything off when on inverter. When at anchor the fridge and outlets are on, with active load management on the latter.

Underway the 12V charger is also on.

BTW... I did find the Outback on line again showing available..... Didn't call to ask if it is in fact true.

http://www.mlsolar.com/outback-vfx32...grid-inverter/
    Last edited by oscarvan; 06-02-2021 at 11:02 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

They are not available. I called before. Some places just don't have accurate websites. Especially that one. I would like to do 32v but have resigned myself to 24v and using 200AH Renergy batteries. I like the idea of a charger/inverter, but if you use just an inverter and charge the batteries with a separate charger, then the inverter does not have to be marine grade. Marine grade is only required if you are running AC through the inverter as well (which is the case with a charger/inverter). You need a beefy charger though, to refresh your batteries in a timely fashion.

How do you turn your inverter (and Newmar converter) off?
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    How do you turn your inverter (and Newmar converter) off?
    I have to go into the generator/battery room and flip the switches on the boxes. In theory that's a pain, but I go in there anyways before and after we are underway to do checks. I can however control whether the inverter is on line with the selectors on the panel upstairs (S1, S2 and the associated breakers). There is no harm in them being on and idle.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay