Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Holding Tank Monitors

I am converting my holding tanks from aux fuel tanks back into holding tanks. This has been a challenge but the good new is NO SMELL. I have 2 small 2 1/2" red canisters of sort at each tank which I am assuming are the Tank monitors. They are labeled "PAR HYDRO-AIR" and have a cooper tube out the back that has been cut. It also has power in and power out connections. I do not have the red illuminating light in the head though but hooking up a light is probably the easiest problem to solve. It appears as though this setup was done in the factory or shortly after the 1984 55C was commissioned. Does anyone know how this system works and how it is plumbed into the tanks? Is it worth trying to revive or should I just go for a new setup?
    Thanks
    Guy
    1984 55C
    AMERICANA

Re: Holding Tank Monitors

I would not try to revive those. For a long term gauge that will likely never give you any problems, go with a Hart Tank Tender. They only use a little plastic line to measure the static pressure of the fluid level.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Sky. I just looked at the Hart system, simple and effective.

And from me. I have to install a tank monitor on my holding tank, and right now the only gages on my existing fuel tanks are little plastic gages sitting in cupped fittings on top of the tank.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL