Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: !984 45C w/ twin 525hp 6v92T

New or remans ?

2. Re: !984 45C w/ twin 525hp 6v92T

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    That is I bit optimistic. Last summer I was quoted nearly 140k for a pair of QSM11S with gears. And that was just the irony in a crate. Add in upping the shaft size and props plus install, and you are well north of 200k.
    I’ve had clients have success with the Cummins dealers in NC, having engine replacements done for far less money than quoted elsewhere. Reckon their overhead (property taxes, labor, etc) is substantially less than, say South Florida, or any urban areas?

If you own the boat outright, and you really love it, and use it a lot, and you like projects, it's worth it. Obviously, knowing a good yard to do the repower is ESSENTIAL.

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    New or remans ?
    New were actually less cost than the remans.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    New were actually less cost than the remans.
    New will be tier III emissions, reman will be tier 2 and slightly higher hp.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    I’ve had clients have success with the Cummins dealers in NC, having engine replacements done for far less money than quoted elsewhere. Reckon their overhead (property taxes, labor, etc) is substantially less than, say South Florida, or any urban areas?
    Cummins has gotten somewhat territorial. The NC guys wouldn't work with me unless I brought the boat down there. I was looking to just order the engines for delivery to CT but they wouldn't do it.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

You might try T&S Marine in Crisfield, MD> They might deliver out of area. ASk for David.

Cummins will pull a dealership for selling outside their territory. They protect the integrity of the channel by doing this. They allow dealers to sell and support their products and try to prevent lowballing by out of area dealers.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I did.

They won't.

Thanks, though.