Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Does Fuller Brush not sell portlights anymore?

Gents,

I am trying to find port light replacements for a couple of my 15" who got cracked exterior beauty ring....would also like to find just the part which I read might be possible instead of replacing entire portlight. After exhaustive online search including fullers website, they never mention any marine products and other searches have turned up nothing. Whats the smart play for replacing the original 80's Hatteras portlight/parts.
    J R McCoy-100 Ton Master1980 53my-“Maggie Mae”Hull #576 Charleston, SC- Isle of Palms

Re: Does Fuller Brush not sell portlights anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmccoy View Post
    Gents,I am trying to find port light replacements for a couple of my 15" who got cracked exterior beauty ring....would also like to find just the part which I read might be possible instead of replacing entire portlight. After exhaustive online search including fullers website, they never mention any marine products and other searches have turned up nothing. Whats the smart play for replacing the original 80's Hatteras portlight/parts.
    JR, you’ve got to go through Sam’s for Fuller parts.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    JR, you’ve got to go through Sam’s for Fuller parts.
    Indeed...I did search Sam's before posting and only found a replacement lens for a port light. Perhaps I should do a more complete search on their site. Thanks.
    J R McCoy-100 Ton Master1980 53my-“Maggie Mae”Hull #576 Charleston, SC- Isle of Palms

Call them on the telephone. Old fashioned, but that way you get the proper item
    Summer Star II
    1986 Christensen 70'
    Ensenada, MX

Sams does have them. I spoke to them about 2 weeks ago and had them in stock then. Sams is the only distributor now.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Anyone who calls Fuller looking for their marine line gets directed to Sams
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Imagine that. Better service by phone. What a revolutionary concept.

If you call the power company on the N.C. Outer Banks, you always get a person. Half the time they know your address as soon as they hear your name. There are some things about the ways we used to do business that really WERE better. Like talking to other live people.