Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: New blinds-recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Paul45c
    I've got teak venetian blinds on all of the salon windows (including fwd) on my 45c Ser II, and as some of you have pointed out, they have the stainless wire running down to the bottom sill. Those wires keep the fwd window blinds in place as well as they work on the straight vertical side windows. You can't easily move the blinds up and down, but adjusting the angles on the members is a piece of cake. They stay put, they don't rattle, and they look great.
    Ho do the blinds on the forward angled windows operate mechanically? Who can make them? can you modify rectangular blinds yourself? I just can't figure the geometry or how you make them rotate. I sure know they can't be raised as the short one is on top. If I cut blinds to fit our 36C forward salon windows, the top slat would only be about 6" long. How do you support those short ones to keep them all parellel.

Re: New blinds-recommendation

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp
    Ho do the blinds on the forward angled windows operate mechanically? Who can make them? can you modify rectangular blinds yourself? I just can't figure the geometry or how you make them rotate. I sure know they can't be raised as the short one is on top. If I cut blinds to fit our 36C forward salon windows, the top slat would only be about 6" long. How do you support those short ones to keep them all parellel.
    Maynard, with the monel stainless wires running through the length of all the blind strips in 2-3 places, then tension of those wires holding down to the bottom of the window is what keeps them in place. Again, articulating/collapsing the blinds vertically is not easily done (though possible), but rather you just keep them fully extended to the bottom and adjust the viewing angle of the strips to either look through them or close out the light completely.

These were custom made for my boat by a blinds company, so I don't know how exactly they were fabricated.
    -- Paul