Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Starting Batteries for 32v - DC180-8'?

Yes, please email them to me.

I didn't go Full-River and have not yet updated the starting bank.

I did however switch to US Battery for my 24V bank and they are working superbly. 4x6v 440ah Lead Acid batteries. I can run refrigeration, Icemaker, freezer, beverage cooler, TV's and lighting for about 12 hrs, then 3hr generator recharge.

Still contemplating the starting battery setup as I want to have dual engine banks instead of the single bank I currently have. I was surprised to hear that the LRC's had only one starting bank and had thought some PO had switched the duals for single.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    Yes, please email them to me.

I didn't go Full-River and have not yet updated the starting bank.

I did however switch to US Battery for my 24V bank and they are working superbly. 4x6v 440ah Lead Acid batteries. I can run refrigeration, Icemaker, freezer, beverage cooler, TV's and lighting for about 12 hrs, then 3hr generator recharge.

Still contemplating the starting battery setup as I want to have dual engine banks instead of the single bank I currently have. I was surprised to hear that the LRC's had only one starting bank and had thought some PO had switched the duals for single.
    Jim -

I posted this up on the LRC site and had some responses where there were two separate starting battery banks for some hull numbers.

Almost wondering if this was a factory option?
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD

Thanks.

Of all the duplicate system on board the LRC, it astounds my that they would not all come with dual starting banks. I believe mine probably had dual at one point as there is a "parallel" switch at the helm and on the flybridge. I also found remnants of battery wiring which has been capped off.

Probably not a big deal to restore the dual bank setup once I get to that phase of the ongoing project, LOL.