Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Boatyard on Long Island Sound or north to fix watermaker

Our Sea Recovery watermaker went black on the way up to Sandy Hook and we need a tech to fix it for us. We had hoped to be independent of shore as much as possible this summer as we made our first trip to New England and having a working watermaker is essential.

We are now in Oyster Bay and will be able to stop for service anywhere on our way north. Any suggestions of a yard or tech?
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

2. Re: Boatyard on Long Island Sound or north to fix watermaker

On the Connecticut side not far from Oyster Bay is Cove Marina in Norwalk CT. They are a big operation and should be able to help.
    SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328

Re: Boatyard on Long Island Sound or north to fix watermaker

Mattituck inlet marina was a very good yard when I was there 10 years ago. I believe they are still owned by the same people. Don’t know if the do watermakers in house but would like to think they have a good sub

Re: Boatyard on Long Island Sound or north to fix watermaker

Norwalk Cove is booked up for the next three weeks, so they referred me to Marine Specialties in Old Saybrook. I left a message and am waiting for a callback. Thanks!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

5. Re: Boatyard on Long Island Sound or north to fix watermaker

One other big yard and service location is Noank Shipyard in Noank Connecticut. They have a great service department (Seaport Marine) who have helped me out in the past. Its also walking distance to Mystic Seaport which is a great place to visit.
    SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328