Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: looking for live aboard dock around Fort Lauderdale

Take a look at Riverside marina in Ft Pierce. It’s a diy yard used by most of the treasure hunter boats. They have some live aboard slips. You might get talked into putting mailboxes on there.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Hey, it might not have been the right answer, but it was a good answer! I think I might have that Coronado virus!
    But you left out Choto. Better get yourself checked!
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Cape Canaveral and the surrounding areas is not a problem. I can get you hooked up.

I know a few people and places at marinas. I dont know about any private docks available though.
    I am fine with a marina and don't have to be fancy either.

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Take a look at Riverside marina in Ft Pierce. It’s a diy yard used by most of the treasure hunter boats. They have some live aboard slips. You might get talked into putting mailboxes on there.
    called them, they are inline with others better monthly dry storage than daily rates of others.
    250 out 250 back in 75 pressure wash 75 environmental fee 75 blocking monthly work space 600 no docking space available at this time
    What are mail boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Passages View Post
    Fort Lauderdale's DIY marina is Playboy Marina. Yes, that's really it's name.

Liveaboard options include the municipal marinas and small privately owned slips along the Middle River. As for some place that does not cost an arm or leg, nearest place that comes to mind is in Tennessee

edit: You might want to consider a Yacht Club as an option. I'm a full time liveaboard at Coral Ridge Yacht Club in Ft. Lauderdale. ICW mile 1062.
    Cost to join is $7500. Monthly fee & food minimum will run another $550. BUT, my LOA is 70' and I am only paying $1033/month for the slip. It's a nice, safe place to keep a boat. Freeebird & Ang visited during FLIBS, they liked it. Let me know if you'd like to check the place out.
    I did check out playboy marina they will wave blocking fee if you buy min. 2 gals of bottom paint, looks like they want you to stay 14 days but it gets expensive after that.

Boat is too much of a dog to be in a Yacht Club right now

I have a friend with a slip behind his house in North Miami that may be available at a fair price. ($1,000 a month plus electric). Also, as long as you don't officially declare yourself a liveaboard, there are a couple of marinas in Palm Beach with dockage at or just under $18ft. per month plus electric. Murelles Marina in Lantana and Palm Beach Yacht Center (just south of West Palm) allows do it yourself in the yard. But the dry storage rate is more expensive than in water dockage. Also Cable Marine in Ft. Lauderdale has the best local price for a bottom paint job. (not do it yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by pizzazsdaddy View Post
    Also Cable Marine in Ft. Lauderdale has the best local price for a bottom paint job. (not do it yourself).
    Yep, used them last year, My 63 was $2950 for labor & mat'l. Does not include bottom prep as they don't know if you have a clean bottom or dinosaurs down there. I will say the guys are cool with you working along side them as long as you are not in their way. While they were on one side, I was on the other swapping zincs, patching dings and applying a second layer of paint around the waterline.