Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Annual $10,000 Church Raffle

It's that time of year again. We just kicked off our annual St. Michael Roman Catholic Church annual "Pot-O-Gold" $10,000 raffle here in Beacon Falls, CT. This year, tickets are $20 each, and only 2500 are available to be sold. These make great Christmas presents.

Last year’s raffle helped us complete our new commercial kitchen, which now allows us to run major events like weddings in our lyceum. Now we are working to complete the refurb of the hall area of the facility.

By the way, last year, a few people asked me “just what is a lyceum?”. The lyceum is the basement of the church. Its not your run of the mill basement either. It has ceilings that are about 16’ high – we used to play basketball down there. And, it is a place close to my heart, as it was actually dug by hand back in the ‘50s. Parishioners, including my late grandfather, literally dug the lyceum out using shovels and wheelbarrows. Beacon Falls is located on the banks of the Naugatuck River, and has deep sand and gravel deposits, which made it possible to do so.

I prefer payment via Paypal's "Friends and Family" option. If you happen to be anywhere near central CT, I can make arrangements to meet you and deliver the tickets personally. For tickets not picked up in person, I will text you a picture of your filled out tickets and retain the stubs on file here at my office.

Please PM me for Paypal details and my cell #, and thank you for supporting my church.

Sincerely,
    Bob Bradley, Parishioner,
    St Michael RC Church

20191214_192811.jpg
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Annual $10,000 Church Raffle

Last call for tickets. Drawing is this Sunday, 3/8 at 4pm EDT.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I'm in. How do you wish for me to pay for ticket?
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I'm on standby phone for the call.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    I'm in. How do you wish for me to pay for ticket?
    PM sent with details.

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    I'm on standby phone for the call.
    I've got you on speed dial.

I've gotten a few paypal payments without a name, address, or phone number. If you sent me $$ for a ticket and haven't gotten a text from me with a pic of the ticket, that's probably why. Please pm me the info so I can fill it in.
    Bob

Thank you all for your generous support. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I sold the $10k winning ticket. The bad news is I sold it to someone on The Hull Truth. Thanks again everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Thank you all for your generous support. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I sold the $10k winning ticket. The bad news is I sold it to someone on The Hull Truth. Thanks again everyone!
    Bob, thanks for the opportunity. Always next year.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC