Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Boarding ladder for 1988 38c

Anyone know who makes a ladder that will fit over the wide gunnels on our boats or is best solution to mount a ladder under the swim platform?

2. Re: Boarding ladder for 1988 38c

I believe the image enclosed ladder image is original ladder from Hatteras that connects to the boarding steps on a convertible. It takes up a lot of space so you may want to go with one that attaches to swim platform.
    Attached Images

Re: Boarding ladder for 1988 38c

That would be an interesting option. Can leave it at the dock when not hanging in the cove where would I possibly find one

4. Re: Boarding ladder for 1988 38c

You probably can have one maid. I can take more pictures and get you the dimensions if you woul like.

That would be great I’d be very interested

i've wasted lots of money on four different ladder set ups for my current and past 50 convertible. Forget storing a big ladder that goes over the gunnel, forget the West Marine "undermounts", go to this site https://butlermarine.com/undermount-ladder/
    It's the best ladder on the market and is solid/sturdy, not like the cheap "stainless" (that rusts) ones being sold everywhere.
    Last edited by CTdave; 08-01-2019 at 10:20 PM.

These look great but expensive

Yes they are but after wasting $$$ on several cheap ones that look and operate like crap, they are well worth the price

years ago i bought a teak swim platform from them for a 66 34' Hat sedan.
    i was skeptical when they said they already had a template for it.
    they must have, it fit like a glove and was well built.
    i have the under platform swim ladder on my current boat. another well engineered product.
    Jim

SALTY
    1973 38' AFT CABIN