Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Underwater Lighting

We're hauling out our 46c tomorrow for a little driveling vibration and some bottom paint. While we are there I am thinking of adding some underwater lighting.

Anybody have suggestions? I'm leaning toward Lumitec and the Seablaze X2 line. Either doing 4 or 5. I prefer to stay away from the models that require a large hole (even though they allow you to service the light in the water).

Re: Underwater Lighting

Hello,

We installed 4 Lumitec Seablaze X2s on my 45C. Initially we were planning on only 3, but the boat already had 4 older Lumitec installed, that were not working, so decided on 4 to use existing holes. One good thing was we found that even going to a newer model of Lumitec, bolt holes matched up perfectly, so no filling/drilling required.

The 45C has a 14' 6" beam and 4 lights will really light it up, we ae very happy with how they worked out.

Good luck,

JCG

The best I’ve found. If something goes wrong you fix it from inside the boat. No need for a haul out. Pricey but worth it. Nothing touches water.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I like the idea of serviceability while in the water. But I don't like the idea of having additional holes of that size in the boat. I'm leaning toward the Seablaze X2s at this point. I'm really leaning toward putting one about 4'-5' forward of the transom on each side of the boat. I have seen a few like that and it looks pretty sharp. I think 2-3 on the transom and one around the corner on each side is going to be the ticket.

I agree with the side lights. I’ll be adding them on the next haul out.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I've had 4 SeablazeX2 installed for about 4 years with no problems.

We currently have 4 on the transom and one on each side near the transom. At haulout this year I'm going to add 6 MORE lights, 2 more center of the transom and 2 more up each side of the boat. It will basically be lighting any water you could be fishing from the cockpit.

We did have 2 failures of the seablaze x's, so those two are getting replaced at haul out as well.

So we will have 12 underwater lights total. Call me crazy but it really is incredible when you are 140 miles out in the gulf in crystal clear bahama water with big tuna buzzing through your underwater lights all night long.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    We currently have 4 on the transom and one on each side near the transom. At haulout this year I'm going to add 6 MORE lights, 2 more center of the transom and 2 more up each side of the boat. It will basically be lighting any water you could be fishing from the cockpit.

We did have 2 failures of the seablaze x's, so those two are getting replaced at haul out as well.

So we will have 12 underwater lights total. Call me crazy but it really is incredible when you are 140 miles out in the gulf in crystal clear bahama water with big tuna buzzing through your underwater lights all night long.
    I think it’s fantastic. The more the better.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

X3 on Lumitec. Only 2 installed, but I’d love to add more. Okay Key West water helps...
    Attached Images
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Installed Lumetic Blase3 on my 36, very satisfied