Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: 1989 Hat 60 MY For Sale

At $695,000. it will be for sale for a long time. 60 with a cockpit and 12V71's= Hatteras 67 and $650 will buy you a star with honey teak interior. Thats the market. Last two 60's that sold were $425 and $550. The 550 boat was zero time 892's, thruster, stabs, honey teak and would not sell for that now.
    "A man must know his limitations" Clint Eastwood

Re: 1989 Hat 60 MY For Sale

I had my admiralty lawyer (who is also a licensed captain) look at a 60 MY 1989 vintage for me in Ft. Lauderdale in April of this year. Reportedly she was in decent shape, main issue was lack of stabilizers and reconverting the holding tank from fuel use. The boat was available in the mid 300s a far cry from 695K and she did sell… but it still took a while at that price.

Soft goods needed to be replaced. The size and 8-92s scared me a bit.. much bigger boat in volume than a 53MY. We have put our boats out to work in the Northeast during the summers on limited crewed charter….with good success. The 60 will not bring that much more charter income to offset a higher operating expense. Chief among these is the weight limit is too much for some of the smaller Maine yards with 30 ton travel lifts to pick up.
    Also, I don’t want a full time crew on board when my wife and I are cruising. I did that in the Islands about 13 years ago on my 52 Sail. Won’t do it again. However, we a great Bermudian Cook..Judy. Lousy cook but looked great on a windsurfer in Tortola…. The admiral said despite the great Gin and Tonics that Judy made, she had to go.

At 695 the 60MY is going to be on the market a long time. Needs an angel to buy her. Maybe Judy?

Cheers
    Spin
    Last edited by spindrift; 06-21-2008 at 01:46 AM.