Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Vosper Mini Fin Stabilizers - parts? Tear-down instructions?

Hi Folks - I own a 1970 Willard Marine trawler that has Vosper mini-fins which I know were fairly common on Hatts. Fins work fine, but I am doing a major refit and want to rebuild the stabilizers to the extent possible. I've contacted Naiad and they may be able to source seals, but not much else. Anyone out there with a stock of Vosper parts?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Peter
    MV Weebles
    Willard 36 Sedan Trawler

Re: Vosper Mini Fin Stabilizers - parts? Tear-down instructions?

I looked around a few years ago and wasn’t able to locate a source for part. Ended up tearing removing them an installed a set of rebuild Trac fins I got a great deal on.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Thanks - I was afraid of that. TRACs are a good brand. Any recommendations on how you managed to find a decent deal?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Pure luck... one of the service guy came to the Lazzara 84 I run to fix cracked fitting. I mentioned the mini fins and said he had a used system in his shop... it was a deal I couldn’t pass. Still have to do the hydraulics
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

A gentleman call Peter florence used to be the Vosper guy in Ft Lauderdale, maybe see if anyone knows where he might be and perhaps he can source stuff for you, he helped me on sourcing a solenoid sw for my maxi's.

also, try Merrill Stevens drydock in Miami..may have some stuff in stock still..or BAE systems in the UK..they took over
    Last edited by Canuck Dennis; 02-26-2019 at 01:52 PM.