Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Davit

Re: Davit

A simple switch will not do the job unless it is a mom-off-mom DPDT capable of 150+ amps. A relay with at least 200A intermittent capacity would be a good place to start. There are plenty available on eBay, as well as wireless remotes. I wire in a mom-off-mom switch to the wireless relay that comes with the winches that I use on the davits that I build. Redundancy and convenience.
    Greg Harrington
    43 DCFB 1977 w/Cummins 903 M1 (340HP)
    Hull #454

Re: Davit

Quote Originally Posted by gbharrington View Post
    A simple switch will not do the job unless it is a mom-off-mom DPDT capable of 150+ amps. A relay with at least 200A intermittent capacity would be a good place to start. There are plenty available on eBay, as well as wireless remotes. I wire in a mom-off-mom switch to the wireless relay that comes with the winches that I use on the davits that I build. Redundancy and convenience.
    I was referring to the power into the RF Controller, not the davit motor.

If a hand held controller is installed, and there is no breaker accessible for the davit motor, and someone installs and RF controller in parallel with the hand held, a low amp switch to cut off the RF controller is appropriate and need not be rated for the davit motor current.
    Regards
    Dan