Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Problem Solved!!

The old impeller was missing 2 splines when I pulled it. Found one in the exit port of the pump, the other wedged in the hose between pump & Hx. Removed those last fall. This morning I pulled the end cap off the Hx to see if I missed any pieces. Hx was clear.

Discouraged, I stared at the damn thing with my hands in my coat pockets - wait a minute...what's this out from my pocket comes the wear plate I completely forgot to install .

Reassembled and voila...water

If anyone needs a village idiot, I'm available
    Last edited by Passages; 04-23-2006 at 12:33 AM.

Re: ONAN Raw Water Pump Will Not Prime

Hey.....join the club! We all do things like that, but we're not big enough to admit it. Just glad you got it fixed.

Doug

A very large club of which I could easily be President. We usually make these mistakes doing something we have done a thousand times before and our complacency makes us thoughtless.
    Fred

There's an old cartoon in French which shows a dachshund wound around a tree, sniffing his own butt. The caption reads: "Zut alors! c'est moi!" which means "well, whaddya know! it's me".
    Or, as Pogo said, "we have met the enemy and he is us"....we've all been there.