Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Updating Cruiseair AC trigger Box

Two of the mechanical triggers relay on mi circa 1978 trigger box have became toast. Can these triggers be substituted with the new electronics one that I have seen in the new PR8X boxes, or I would need to substitute the entire box all together ?. Will the new box be a direct subtitute ? By the way I have a 4 relays box , 3 are 115 and one 230 AC. Thanks in advance.

Re: Updating Cruiseair AC trigger Box

I would just replace the small relay boards that are bad. The newer (TR115 & TR230)'s are using a more modern relay and also now have a surge suppressor on the printed circuit board to protect against spikes. I have not had any of the new design TR's fail and have replace them on mine and some other folks units. They are readily available on the internet and from Curisair suppliers. No real need to change out the entire control box. The only other components in that control box other that the TR115 or TR230's is a solid state Triac device and three terminal strips.
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

Thanks for the input. My control box is the original installed by Hatteras in 1977 the relays are completly mechanicals, and the box do not have any printes circuit at all. I will contact a cruiseair retailer as you suggested. Thanks again.

Can you read the tag on the outside (cover) of the box or has it been painted over?
    If you can read the part or model number I may have the schematics and prints for it.
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

I will be at the boat on wednesday, to check for a part number. I am sure it does not have an schematic on the inside.