Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Generator Replacement / Galley Hatch question

I simply built a ramp system and rolled the gen forward to V berth and then up through hatch. Ours is a 53’ so I am not sure of your layout to get to hatch

Sorry for late reply, been in Canada lousy phone reception. I cut out the hole for a hatch over our 53’s galley used the yacht clubs small boat crane and removed a 20 kw and an 8 kw gen and installed a 10 is Phasor and then installed the hatch. Mechanic said the cost of the hatch was less than the time he would have charged to remove them any other way and we have a lot more light and air in the galley. Also used hatch and crane for easy battery change.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

[QUOTE=Pascal;335018]I ve put 8000 each on a pair of 2003 Lugger powered NL20. Nothing beats them. In all these hours I only did raw water pumps 3 times, 1 injector pump, 1 circulation pump and two motor mounts. Never had to replace a single sensor. In other words one circulation pump,one injector pump and all injectors were still going at 10K

That s it. And they were still going strong at 10k hours when the boat was sold.

In the last two years and 2000 hours each on a pair of 2009 Oman 27.5 I ve already done 2 water pump,3 oil press senders, 2 water flow sensors, 1 injection pump

As to going their the roof it s a lot easier and since you likely have a sunpad covering the area it doesn’t matter if a seam is visible[/QUOT

If hours are the benchmark my15kw kilopack will turn 15,000 next weekend, during the NE Rendezvous.
    Like the Kilopack the Phaser, my favorite, has no boards just 5 relays.
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I’ve got a NL 20KW with about 1500 hours. I need to think about rebuilding the raw water pump, but that’s it so far. My only suggestion is to consider if 20KW is too much given LEDs and more energy efficient systems. In my case, I run stuff I wouldn’t normally run underway to keep a load on.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Sorry for late reply, been in Canada lousy phone reception. I cut out the hole for a hatch over our 53’s galley used the yacht clubs small boat crane and removed a 20 kw and an 8 kw gen and installed a 10 is Phasor and then installed the hatch. Mechanic said the cost of the hatch was less than the time he would have charged to remove them any other way and we have a lot more light and air in the galley. Also used hatch and crane for easy battery change.
    Just curious, do you recall what size / brand hatch you used? Just trying to give my guys some options. Thanks. Jon

John, it was the largest stock off the shelf Lewmar hatch. Can’t remember size, but I will be on the boat tomorrow and will measure it
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.