Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Laundry Center

Laundry Center

Have a stacked Frigidaire Laundry Center. Pulled trim and panels off. Have access to the front. Motor just buzzes and won't agitate, spin, or drain. Anyone troubleshoot these units?

Book says its 196lbs so not looking forward to getting it out. Might have to do what Scott suggest with a sawz all, but would like to put the $1,500 into something more fun than a new unit.

Any advice welcomed
    mark

Re: Laundry Center

Have you tried bypassing the lid switch?

Have you tried getting in from the dinette area? Cutting it up is the easy part. Finding the issue is the hard part. There is space behind the WD that a youg thin person can get to. You might find the issue from the back side since it’s open to the motor. Good luck.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

The motor is trying to run but is not able to spin up. It just buzzes. K I can turn the agitator by hand from below in a counter clockwise direction. I have full access from the front and have removed the front panel.

start with the basics. Open it up, check the belt bearings etc. or call an appliance repair service. If you have to replace The pain is having to remove the doors, trim, hand rail etc
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Is there a start capacitor on that motor?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

sounds dumb but check voltage. it is on its own circuit. if something is wrong may not be getting enough volts to spin

Take the belt off the motor and turn the unit on. Does the motor spin by itself? If it still sits there buzzing then try a new start capacitor as previously suggested, assuming the motor has one. If the motor has no start start capacitor, and just buzzes with the belt off, time for a new motor. If the motor spins with the belt off, time to call an appliance repair person.
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC
    Blue Chip

Mine had a voltage problem due to corroded 120v outlet behind washer dryer.
    Leaking rub rail screw dripping water on it.
    When I was in outlet box replacing receptacle, I noticed Hatteras had brought 240v in also. So might have option of getting a dryer that drys a load in less than three hours.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Okay, I'll put a multi meter on it Sunday. Mine is sandwiched between a fiberglass shower stall and fixed stairs leading up to the helm, so quite sure how I'll get to the outlet. I guess patience and persistence is required.