Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Couple Pics of the 'ol gal

That hardtop can add a lot of value (or cost anyway, especially if done down in the islands). Aslan's hard top that was done around 2006 in the BVI. I found the sketches and the boatyard invoice. $50,000. It's a very nice job.

IMG_8449.jpg
    Here she is trying to execute a self haul-out after Irma at Windmill Harbor, Hilton Head.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I don't know. You could try asking Seaeric, on this forum. There is hardly anything about these boats that he does not know. I"d also Google Hurley Hatteras and see what pops up.

RAC, I have a photo like that in my gallery, taken at the height of Isabel's storm surge. Scary moment.

The boat is a Hurley Hatteras. The original owner lived in va beach va. The sister ship stayed in Onacock va. It was owned by the Halls. Mr Hall became sick and sold the boat to someone in deltaville va. That owner sold the boat to a fellow member of this website and he kept the boat at pinney narrows.i think on the web site his name was whaler with a number . The boat was called top hatt. I believe sea Eric sold the boat a couple years ago. Don't know who owns it now? Dave Hurley did a great job customizing Hatteras yachts.

I think that was Scott's boat, a while back, that you're speaking of. it was a 52 convertible with 8-92s, IIRC. Very nicely turned out. It was the two stateroom version, I think.

Jim,

You are correct. What happened to Scott I know he owned several boat at one time. I think a 57 chris craft was one of the other boats.

Ben and Dave Hurley (father and son) were very early dealers for AMF Hatteras in Urbanna Virginia. New owners would commision them to "personalise" their yacht for them. Dave Hurley was a pioneer of many things. Very few convertibles had hard tops in the 70's he seemed to invent it. At the time Aluminum was rare and expensive and a bit too "unrefined" so he created the fiberglass hardtop. The most unique aspect was the sort of open radar arch that supported the entire thing. they would put glass between the two legs so you could keep a clear view of the fishing. he did things like moulded in teaser reels at a time when most sport fish were tieing teasers to the outrigger bases. He was a visionary, but odd to work with I understand. My brother apprenticed with him in the 80s prior to Hurley closing down. Later my brother would build Tides Boat Works custom boats at the same location in Urbanna.

SouthPaws is something special...congrats, and nice work.

Scott had some changes in living situation and divested of his boats; there were two Hatteras convertibles, the 36 Series I and the 52. Also a Burger, and you are right, a 57 Chris Connie- I think it was a 57. Haven't talked to him in a whlle- I left him a VM, we'll see if he phones me back. Hope so.