Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Master stateroom ac breakers

Does anyone know where the ac breakers are for the master on a 58my/63cmy? Nothing on the main ac panel, is there a secondary panel somewhere? No lights and no receptacles working in the stateroom or the head.

Re: Master stateroom ac breakers

Do you have a GFI receptacle that needs to be reset perhaps in you master bathroom?
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    Does anyone know where the ac breakers are for the master on a 58my/63cmy? Nothing on the main ac panel, is there a secondary panel somewhere? No lights and no receptacles working in the stateroom or the head.
    AC for alternating current or air conditioning? The breakers for the latter are in the starboard ER on my 58.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

I tried any GFCIs I found but no change. Would a popped Gfci affect the lights and exhaust fan?

a GFCI will cut the power to anything down stream of it. You need some wiring diagrams
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I found a PO installed GFI that would never show up on schematic. Be aware of the possibility. Most likely place maybe close to the panel that houses the breaker for that cabin.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

My AC breakers are in the port engine room on the back wall.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Check yor shore power cable, it looks like you lost one of the 120 ACV lines, maybe because of a breaker or fuse. In my 58 YF they are located in the engine rooms. Hope this helps.

No joy yet with the master stateroom lights and receptacles, but I did learn that the breaker (#10) on the ac panel has been relabeled as 24v battery charger. I also had a similar issue with the salon a few days later, but was able to find and reset the offending GFI. Like the master, the salon had lights and receptacles on the same circuit. The master stateroom problem is persisting whether or not we use shorepower or run the genset.

If it's not the GFI it may be a transformer above the headliner in the captain's cabin. I had one go out and had an electrician replace it. Took awhile to find it.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee