Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Couple Pics of the 'ol gal

Ok,ok, my dads name was Robert, he had 5 nick names. Bob, Bobby, Marty, Rob and Leroy. Each had meaning to his first, middle and last name. He did yes to me to go through the same turmoil so he gave me a nick name.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Rusty,

Beautiful job on the boat! Pretty hard to beat a Hatteras Sportfish of any vintage out on the open water. You picked one with "good bones" that obviously others didn't see the same way.

Hope you and family enjoy many years of fun filled times out on the water with her!

Just understand the list of things to do and fix ups never ends!

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Ok,ok, my dads name was Robert, he had 5 nick names. Bob, Bobby, Marty, Rob and Leroy. Each had meaning to his first, middle and last name. He did yes to me to go through the same turmoil so he gave me a nick name.
    My name is Robert, you can call me...Robert. Can't tell you how much I hate Bob. Got kicked out of high school over it. When my folks finished with that principal I got kicked right back in.

I finally compromised and named my last dog Bob. Labs are often dyslexic so it worked out for him.
    Bob at Boone 004.jpg
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by miboatnutz View Post
    Just understand the list of things to do and fix ups never ends!
    While this is the biggest boat I've ever owned, it is far from my first. We got our taste of the sportfish life with our last boat, '84 ocean 38SS. So i'm well aware of having everything broke all the time lol.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Robert must have been referring to my 55c Rusty!! LOL

Boat is looking good brother--we had such a good run for the first eight months of ownership, I've been pretty depressed since she's been down.

It's looking like we'll be up and running second week of Aug, just in time for wahoo

Thanks for saving an old Hatteras
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Couldn't help but notice that hard top. Is the South Paws a "Hurley Hatteras"?

Quote Originally Posted by riverrandy View Post
    Couldn't help but notice that hard top. Is the South Paws a "Hurley Hatteras"?
    Not sure i'm following you? What is a Hurley Hatteras?
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL

They were specials done by Hurley, who were a dealer for Hatteras Yachts, as I recall. Many of them had custom hardtops which were really well done. I can't recall what else they had on them. They would take a new boat, I think it was, and add a bunch of custom items, it would be their show boat for a while, then it would be sold at a premium over the usual price. (I think) Some of them were very nicely done, at least the ones I recall seeing. I think one was up here, a 52 C, and I remember a custom hardtop on it, or I think I do, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    They were specials done by Hurley, who were a dealer for Hatteras Yachts, as I recall. Many of them had custom hardtops which were really well done. I can't recall what else they had on them. They would take a new boat, I think it was, and add a bunch of custom items, it would be their show boat for a while, then it would be sold at a premium over the usual price. (I think) Some of them were very nicely done, at least the ones I recall seeing. I think one was up here, a 52 C, and I remember a custom hardtop on it, or I think I do, anyway.
    Wonder how I could track that down? I'd love to know more of the history of the boat, we have found several coins onboard from aruba, bahamas and other islands.
    SOUTHPAWS
    PENSACOLA, FL