Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Couple Pics of the 'ol gal

Things are starting to come together nicely!

Heading out to watch the Blue Angels Fly!

Re: Couple Pics of the 'ol gal

Love those flags.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Got the grill mounted up to the rocket launcher. Made the mount out of square aluminum so that the grill slides into the rocket launcher and then secures with Aviation pins.

Will be adding another set of mounts in the bilge for grill storage when not in use.

Pls excuse the dirtyness in the pics, had been drilling/cutting/cleaning the grill and cleaning the cockpit bilge compartments.

Last edited by rustybucket; 07-18-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Boat, wife, dogs and sausages on the grill.

It doens't get much better than that!!!

Beautiful boat and love the American flags!!!

What boat do you own. Looks almost just like my 55C even down to the blue striping and bottom paint

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    What boat do you own. Looks almost just like my 55C even down to the blue striping and bottom paint
    52c 1986 with 8v92's

Thanks for the compliments guys. The last year has been a whirlwind getting this boat ready. Almost 1 year ago exactly we went and looked at her for the first time. She had been sitting in the boatyard for almost 7 years!!! The freshly rebuilt engines were sitting on pallets beside the boat under tarps. There was a tarp over the cabin back wall. The door, window, galley floor, island... all that crap was stashed in various places throughout the boat.

It's been a long road and many hundred dollar bills have died, but man, we are starting to really get to enjoy the boat now and the memories we are making are putting things into perspective.

Sure, I thought we'd be done quicker, and cheaper, but everytime I get a little down about it, I look back and see how far she has come over the last year and it really amazes me.

We pretty much did all the work ourselves. My brother, my stepson, my amazing wife and I have all put in some major hours. Lots of weekends and holidays over the last year have been spent sweating in the bilge.

Hard to believe this was her a year ago... most all locals had completely given up on her and thought she would just be chopped and parted out.

For 7 years she sat here.

She was a mess!! This is her right before going back into the water after the engines were dropped in and the bottom was done.

Amazing how bad she was... These were from the first day we saw her. For some reason I knew she was the one as soon as I stepped in the cockpit.

Last edited by rustybucket; 07-18-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Last edited by rustybucket; 07-18-2018 at 09:48 AM.

But THIS makes it all worth it!!

From 7 yrs on the hard, to catching tuna 180 miles out in the gulf of mexico! What an amazing 1yr transformation!!