Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
  1. Electric range error code

I posted this on another forum. but received no response. Perhaps the Hatteras community can help.

I have a 2000 era Thermador electric range that is displaying a fault code of "F-1" accompanied by a beeping alarm. This condition began when we shifted from shore power to generator, but is now continuing while back on shore power. The manual says check for stuck buttons - ours aren't stuck. The manual says push "cancel" or turn off power to reset - did both, still in fault. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Re: Electric range error code

Check the frequency.

Many newer appliances cant handle variances in frequency.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

3. Re: Electric range error code

Yes, I understand that, but this isn't a new item. It's nearly 20 years old and has worked fine on both shore and generator power all that time.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Re: Electric range error code

sounds like the control board is not working right. If it cant be reset theres a bad component somewhere.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

5. Re: Electric range error code

A few years back we smoked our ranges control board. We also have blown up a microwave as well. On many of the docks in canada and some of the smaller docks in washington the AC voltage is low(like 98-103 volts) which I think tends to fry these out.

I would check the thermador manuals online by model/serial and see if you can get a read on that error code. If you get the model/serial you should be able to buy a control board or other part replacement without too much of an issue.

6. Re: Electric range error code

Control board seems right, we did have to replace original microwave and dishwasher since our purchase in 2015 due to boards going bad. Thanks for the replies.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine