Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sling Placement

Sling Placement

Can anyone let me know if there were ever sling markings on a Hatt 34c

Re: Sling Placement

Ask Sam's. Generally the rear sling will go around the boat right about where the aft bulkhead is, roughly, clearing the shaft alleys etc. The front one seems to go about where the hull width is maximum.

3. Re: Sling Placement

On my boat there are two "end of keel" markers on the gunnels - just forward of that is where the aft sling goes (the keel prevents contact with the shafts)

The forward one goes roughly at the maximum beam, which is a bit more than 1/3rd of the way back from the bow.

My boat came with drawings from Hatteras showing the exact placement of the slings. You might can them and see if they can fax one to you.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Rear Sling goes a little behind the rear Bulkhead not to far because you can miss the keel. The front one put at the bottom of the front window so that it is not too far in front of the foward bulkhead. Don't think they ever had markings and never seen any paper work showing it. I have been lifting mine 6 years this way.
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>