Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: When is enough, enough

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    Well said Randy. Life is too short to worry about EVERYTHING........
    Yeah, well, if only I could follow my own advice! It did sound pretty good, though.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I had Bell's palsy years back. VERY unpleasant, but it got better- about 95%, which was fine. What was particularly embarrassing was having patients ask me if I was having a stroke; it didn't inspire confidence in them. A few figured it out correctly.

It took about four months to get better. Once I started to heal, it went quickly. I still have a slight droop on the left side, but nothing compared to what I had at the outset. So be of good cheer, you WILL get better.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    I had Bell's palsy years back. VERY unpleasant, but it got better- about 95%, which was fine. What was particularly embarrassing was having patients ask me if I was having a stroke; it didn't inspire confidence in them. A few figured it out correctly.

It took about four months to get better. Once I started to heal, it went quickly. I still have a slight droop on the left side, but nothing compared to what I had at the outset. So be of good cheer, you WILL get better.
    For now I do great Popeye impressions and can do a decent little Nicky!

Not kidding, that's how I roll with these things. Humor always got me and my crews through the toughest crappiest job situations and it really works on a personal level. Can't sit around feeling sorry for yourself.

Just today I read about a little kid with a rare cancer that wrote his own obit. And we think we have problems?? I think not.

MIKE,

Sorry to hear problems. I have similar problems but different .We are to young for this. Glad I had to boat and had funn early

Quote Originally Posted by captddis View Post
    MIKE,

Sorry to hear problems. I have similar problems but different .We are to young for this. Glad I had to boat and had funn early
    Good to see you posting again, Dave. I'm sure I can speak for others in saying you've been missed.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thanks, Randy. I check in here daily. It is slow typing so I just read. Next time you are in the area, Call us.

Dave, give the dictation apps a shot. They are truly amazing and make messaging much quicker and easier. Even the basic one on the iPad is pretty good.

At 62 I still do it all myself, and still go out on overnights alone, at anchor, go for 100 mile trips alone, I make fast to a dock alone. I'm blessed to continue enjoying my boat and sharing it with my family and friends. I want to continue to make some memories to reflect on so if the day should unfortunately arrive when I can no longer handle my boat, I'll be able to still have a suspicious looking grin on my face while recalling the memories have and will continue to make.

Tomorrow I go boating!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Hey Dave. Missed you here a bit.

Good to see you.

So I did a few little projects in time to run to the pirate party this weekend. Fuel line and filter issues in a less than easy to get to space. I know 2 things about getting older.

1) get help when you need it. Don't hurt yourself doing the heavy lifting.

2) it's no shame to get help and not have back, neck or other pain.

The boat ran well and we all had a great time playing on the river. Worth it 1000000%
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjen50 View Post
    Dave, give the dictation apps a shot. They are truly amazing and make messaging much quicker and easier. Even the basic one on the iPad is pretty good.
    Thanks, I will look into it.