Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: When is enough, enough

At 87, my Dad just gifted me his 17' Boston Whaler last week, been in our family for 30 years. It was actually the boat yard that does winter service that did him in, just couldn't take the aggravation anymore. He' still relatively healthy, hoping he will still take it out once in a while knowing the headache is now mine.

I didn’t get my Hat until I was 65. 45 years in 3 different Chris Crafts. I hope to be motoring until I’m 80 plus. God willing.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    My son will take over and treat me like a VIP.

I hope he see this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Very Incontinent Person?
    That's some funny $hit right there.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I'm not sure why anybody ties age into such decisions as we all age differently. I plan to keep doing EVERYTHING I enjoy until my body stops allowing me to do so. We can only plan so much in life, and the rest is just... fate, luck, whatever. Just be happy you're still in the game vs worrying about when you won't be able to play anymore.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Now that is profound. Well done, Birdie.

Well said Randy. Life is too short to worry about EVERYTHING........

I plan on acting my age as if I do not know how old I am!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Let's not confuse curiosity with worrying. Curiosity is very good at all ages, worrying not good at all ages.
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC
    Blue Chip

Enjoy it while you can.

You never know when fate will take it away from you.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

I am 55. Been dealing with gout like attacks on all my joints for years. Just getting that under control now. I currently have Bells Palsy. So now I am double ugly. A few years back nearly lost a leg to an extreme staph infection.

I still work on and run my boat, ride MX bikes with my sons (I am actually fairly fast in the woods but no more big air jumps for me), work on my classic car, do burnouts (sometimes) in my classic car, even though I own the company my tool belt is on more than off, etc., etc., etc.

You are only as old as your mind thinks you are. Sure the body slows down and needs some more TLC to keep running but activity is what keeps us going. Sit in a chair and wait for the end and it will come soon enough.

I'll climb to the bridge for as long as I possibly can. Have already done it with crippling gout pain and it was worth it for a day on the water.

Enough is enough when its simply not possible anymore. Up till then its an individual call to make.