Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: When is enough, enough

Quote Originally Posted by rjwilliams View Post
    To each his own. I used to take pride in "engineering" that stuff too and have come up with many well thought out ones and a few "MacGyver'd" solutions as well, but my body just doesn't agree with "boat yoga" any more so the "young deck hand" will remain my 1st choice while I spend earnest time in the cockpit working out the arthritis in by right elbow with a glass of single malt.
    Enjoy your malt and all the experiences on your boat that you savor. Obviously our boating palates differ, however we both have the good fortune of owning and experiencing a 48 LRC. After 17 years of ownership, I like and admire the boat at least as much as the day we acquired her.
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC
    Blue Chip

I like the evolution of boat maintenance.

First you get in there and do it hourself.

Next you get smarter and get some help.

Finally you just have others do the heavy lifting and take credit for the work.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Enjoy your malt and all the experiences on your boat that you savor. Obviously our boating palates differ, however we both have the good fortune of owning and experiencing a 48 LRC. After 17 years of ownership, I like and admire the boat at least as much as the day we acquired her.
    Likewise - We have also had Freedom for 17 years and had the pleasure cruising full time on her for 10 of those years, mostly in Mexico and Central America. She is exceptionally seaworthy and, with a couple of exceptions, an easy boat to work on, even in a seaway. I can't remember a time where we didn't feel that the boat was not up to the task at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by rjwilliams View Post
    Likewise - We have also had Freedom for 17 years and had the pleasure cruising full time on her for 10 of those years, mostly in Mexico and Central America. She is exceptionally seaworthy and, with a couple of exceptions, an easy boat to work on, even in a seaway. I can't remember a time where we didn't feel that the boat was not up to the task at hand.
    After all Isn't that why you bought a Hatteras?

And I had the pleasure of doing an insurance survey on Freedom in 2006 in Puerto Vallart and it is indeed a very nice boat. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.