Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Air handler freezing

No Its more of the cost of working on vessels is higher because theres additional insurance requirements and if you own a pleasure boat dont be upset if your contractors ask you to pay a fair amount based on their cost. If I was the service provider Id offer to pick up the freon from you and give you a refund since your convinced you were over charged.

Do you stand behind your work? Will you not charge for the services if the patient dies in a week? 2 weeks?

Will you match the prices of my primary or the local doc in a box?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

So as the doctors assistant you make life or death decisions oh wait thats the doctors job.

Ok then as the one who carries out the complicated procedures? no again thats the doctor.

So Ok I think you do much of the prep work and dispense meds prescribed by the doctors yet you are not the one on the gallows should something go wrong.

Im not being hard on nurses. I know many. Some in critical care and they are great at their jobs. They also know the patients better than the doctors. Then there are some Ive met that I dont see more than a paycheck as their motivation. Process more people and go home. do it again tomorrow.

We all chose a profession. If your not happy with yours thats one thing. Dont minimize others because your upset you paid someone more than you make.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Had a problem with my AC unit in the main salon. Called a mechanic I have known for almost 30 years who is one of the best in Tidewater Virginia. He is a great diesel mechanic but he has specialized in marine heating and AC for many years. He just had knee surgery and could not work on my boat. He has a grandson who has been working for him for about 5 years. He assured me that his grandson would take care of my problem. I am very handy but I know my limits....heating and cooling is one of them.

The grandson got on the boat and worked for a couple of hours, consulted with his grandfather on his cellphone a couple of times. He charged me $320 which included $80 for a pound or so of freon.

It has been working beautifully since. Oh BTW, I wrote them a check for $400.00 that included an $80 tip for the grandson. Obviously we both value each other!!!

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

first time i have seen the "F" word
    Trouble
    43DCFB DC-306
    AYC NY

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    It's a bad word that we shouldn't use in civilized conversation.

Do we need to explain its misuse here too?

Is it something we dont consider necessary.

Somebody call me a doctor. Lets see if we can get this cured.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

low refrigerant levels or the symptoms thereof are the most common reason for the use of the F word

Like the billboard near here says:

"Your wifes hot. Better get your AC fixed"
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Quote Originally Posted by TROUBLE View Post
    Not the first time from this poster.

6/25/17: Ageless, I deleted your original post because of the obscenities in it. If you continue to use language like that, I WILL block you completely.

I would clean up your act as well as the through-hulls etc. This place can be a rough room, but we are able to find ways to express our approval or disapproval without putting language in it that would make it unacceptable for a kid to read. And many of us do have kids and they may read material on this forum.

So don't do it again. You own a Hatteras, so this forum can be of considerable benefit to you. And yyou may at some point make comments that benefit your fellow Hatteras owners as well. If you avoid getting yourself kicked off here, all those benefits accrue to you.

If my fellow members would remove their posts quoting the original one, I would be grateful. It's difficult to go in and edit them, but if I need to, I will.

Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    So as the doctors assistant you make life or death decisions oh wait thats the doctors job.Ok then as the one who carries out the complicated procedures? no again thats the doctor.So Ok I think you do much of the prep work and dispense meds prescribed by the doctors yet you are not the one on the gallows should something go wrong. .
    A clear indication of your ignorance and willingness to spew information you know nothing about. ER nurses work very independently and typically have patients orders and interventions completed before the MD steps foot in the room

So nurses are better educated and work harder than ER doctors. I didnt know that. I figured the ones with the medical degrees would be in charge.

Dr. Jim youve been lying to us all these years.

Like I said I know many really good nurses and they work hard to do things for their patients. And I know of some crappy ones too. Like any other profession.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.