Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: Air handler freezing

It’s hard to be an honest man when you don’t find this as it’s own reward, regardless of the human failing around us.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    It's hard to be an honest man in a world where deception and unfair behavior is rewarded.
    Said slightly differently than George, one can only control one's own behavior. It's easier if you can accept that.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Said slightly differently than George, one can only control one's own behavior. It's easier if you can accept that.
    I agree with Robert and will add that if you demonstrate consistent, good character - in time you find that you actually compell a few around you to be better people. I have been on both ends of this type of transaction.

I was thinking of a boat Detailer that was with me for over 10 years. I moved my boat 60 miles away and wanted his work to continue so badly that I paid him a bonus and travel expenses to stay on. I remained his only out of town client until he left the business and I watched him turn down more work than he took because he was in such high demand, even with higher than market rates. BTW, we traded products and services constantly and learned from each other all the time. I paid more and considered it good value.

George
    Last edited by Reefgeorge; 07-17-2018 at 11:55 AM.
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

George can the SMX 11. E programmed to flip the reversing valve ?

Not that I am aware of. I believe that the SMXII cycles the reversing valve at each start up. Do you hear a snap/clunk sound right before the compressor starts. It reminds me of a softer version of the sound a Glendenning control system makes when the pins lock the cams together at start up.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

I have those controls and have a persistent sticky reversing valve . If I manually put it in heat mode and switch back to cool all is well . Really annoying but I deal with it . Thx for the quick reply !

I value others time just as much as my own, It's the price gouging that is absolute BS. Are you really going to try to cry about liability insurance when health care is the #1 field for bottom feeders to pursue unjustified lawsuits?

"I don't charge more for working on a boat but my costs are higher than if I only worked on land based systems. Boats are a luxury for some". Uhhhhh, contradict yourself much? You're basically saying, "you own a luxury item so I'm going to charge you more". Take a guess how many clients of mine find a "residence" to be a luxury item, sure hate to think that one day they are able to have a roof over their head and get upcharged for their "luxury".

Healthcare costs are not determined by the providers, insurance companies and facilities set that. You're more than welcome to pay whatever you want for your healthcare, you can either have a worthwhile insurance policy with low deductible or not have credit to buy all those "luxury" items.

i guess we’re supposed to feel sorry for you because you had to pay to have your ac fixed. Your liability insurance is high because dr’s maim people with impunity. Spare us the halo polish.

He’s got a halo?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by dsharp View Post
    i guess we’re supposed to feel sorry for you because you had to pay to have your ac fixed. Your liability insurance is high because dr’s maim people with impunity. Spare us the halo polish.
    I don’t give a shit whether you feel sorry for me or not, I’m not looking for sympathy. Ahhhh, all suffer because of the inabilities of a few, I’m sure that would be just fine if it were you. Oh BTW, I’m not a Dr, never implied or claimed to be but I’ll take a ban to stand up for my fellow providers, FUCK YOU for the maiming comment, you best be lucky people out there are willing to tend to your ungrateful ass. I’m an ER nurse and yeah I do wear a halo when your ass is checking out and you look to me to save you. Polish that!!!!