Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

These glasses cure motion sickness

The Citroen car company, of all people, has developed a pair of glasses that cure motion sickness.

https://gizmodo.com/these-bizarre-gl...ckn-1827479936

They work by providing an artificial horizon that matches up with what ones inner ear and eyes are perceiving and that makes the discomfort go away. Supposedly if they are worn for 10 or 15 minutes when nausea first appears they can stop the attack.

Re: These glasses cure motion sickness

Cool post, that's different. The (only) beauty in those is the simplicity. I can't think of anyone who would turn away looking that goofy if motion sickness really setting in, especially on a boat that is not turning back.

Right after you get a pair of them I have a bridge salesman you need to meet!
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

I have bought the electric wristbands/watch looking thingy after all, now I just give the kids dramamine on long trips if its going to be rough, they simply pass out. I tried the electric shock watch thingy and was shocked through my wedding ring being grounded to helm wheel. Not sure if they really work.

As aside, Captain to Captain, rule is the boat doesn't turn back for sea sickness, right? I've always laid down the law when people come aboard we don't turn back and have probably ruined a few kids and their parents who didn't think I was serious when they start throwing up 30 minutes into 5 hour outing.

The shock watch works for some people, but not everybody. It worked for my wife on a cruise and for morning sickness.

I figure it's just a matter of time before the Chinaman knocks off those glasses for about $12. If they actually work it would be nice to keep a set or two onboard, because we don't turn around either.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Quote Originally Posted by sgharford View Post
    I have bought the electric wristbands/watch looking thingy after all, now I just give the kids dramamine on long trips if its going to be rough, they simply pass out. I tried the electric shock watch thingy and was shocked through my wedding ring being grounded to helm wheel. Not sure if they really work.

As aside, Captain to Captain, rule is the boat doesn't turn back for sea sickness, right? I've always laid down the law when people come aboard we don't turn back and have probably ruined a few kids and their parents who didn't think I was serious when they start throwing up 30 minutes into 5 hour outing.
    Interesting shades of green. Kids were getting sick traveling from FL to SC in 6-8' at cruise.

"Daddy slow down, it's too rough.

Oh, OK. You want more time to savor the experience, right?

Daddy, speed up."
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I hope no one gets their butt kicked because they look like a nerd.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California