Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Preferred Motor Oil for Detroit 6V92's

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    How many people spend more time discussing their oil than they do running it through their engines.WTF people.
    You have right to remain silent.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Hi Robert,
    We have the right to remain silent but do we have the will power, discipline and maturity to do so?
    If we do remain silent that would make for sort, concise and meaningful posts, where would the fun be in that?
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

True. I also hope for some minimum standard of behavior.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

For those of you using the Detroit oil, where do you get it and approx how much is a 5gal pail?

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    For those of you using the Detroit oil, where do you get it and approx how much is a 5gal pail?
    Delo 100 from the local Chevron distributor at $64.75. I am advised to allow three weeks lead time as it comes from TX.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Delo 100 from the local Chevron distributor at $64.75. I am advised to allow three weeks lead time as it comes from TX.
    That is almost exactly what I'm paying except I have 1 week lead time.

I buy the Detroit Diesel 2-Cycle engine Power Guard® Oil from Western Branch Diesel in Norfolk VA.
    It is alway in stock.
    Can't quote the price right now.
    You can buy it from any of the on line sources that sell genuine Detroit Diesel parts.
    The freight for it might be high if buying on line?
    Tim
    1979 53' MY Hull #566
    KNOW PRESSURE
    Hampton, Virginia

I just called Western Branch in Norfolk and they quoted me $81.68 per 5 gal container. I don't need any
    but I needed to know what it's selling for these days. I presently have about 100 plus gals of it in my
    storage and since I recently sold my 48 Hatteras I won't be needing it any longer. Anyone interested
    in some contact me with an offer. I want it gone along with a bunch of Hatteras parts, filters etc. I also
    have a bunch of lock sets from the interior that I bought from Sam's some years ago. Some are new in
    the original boxes and I have a few used one's in excellent condition. I'm 81 and I decided I had enough
    of boats for most of my life. (first boat as a teenager) Best to pick up as I don't want to bother with
    packing and shipping. I have some stuff that I will be shipping to Scott in Cocoa Beach that was promised
    to him some time ago so that will not be available. Mostly toilet and plumbing stuff.

Walt

How you feeling these days.

Let me know when you want to ship things and I'll get you my FedEx ground number.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Scott, I pm'd you..... Walt