Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Testing the water with my nice 52C. Interested in feedback!

015.jpgIMG_4527.jpgHello Forum:

My wife and I are considering moving down in size and value as we approach retirement. We also are looking for a smaller, but spacious ride, with a lower helm for easy Chesapeake Bay cruising...nothing offshore and nothing so large.

We have a very nice 1985, 52 Convertible that has has very little use in the last couple years. I'd appreciate your interest or especially your comments, as to price, value, trades, etc.

I respect this forum immensely, so please speak up and let me know what you think about price, market, etc.

I've listed on eBay and locally on Craigslist, because I'm not ready to give up a ton of commission to a broker. Heck, I may still decide to keep the boat, because it's a really nice specimen and we love it. Hard to find in this condition at this price.....I think!

She can be seen here with a very lengthy description:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Incredibly-...IAAOSw3qdbO6kD

Thanks for your input!
    Vince
    Last edited by Vince; 07-10-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Add Images

Re: Testing the water with my nice 52C. Interested in feedback!

She certainly is a super clean vessel, you've taken very good care of her. I think your ad is thorough, only consideration might be to add some performance numbers i.e, cruise, WOT, fuel burn
    GLWS

Beautiful boat!! I'd say you are priced right, maybe even slightly low. Should be a relatively quick and painless sale.

Love the wood covering boards on the gunwhales. Did you install those?

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    She certainly is a super clean vessel, you've taken very good care of her. I think your ad is thorough, only consideration might be to add some performance numbers i.e, cruise, WOT, fuel burn
    GLWS
    Thank you so much! This is THE BOAT I've always wanted, since I was young. I haven't even used it enough at cruise to know fuel burn, so I have to use factory specs and just post my WOT, which I don't even know because I won't "floor it"! Probably 22-25 knots. I'll probably regret this sale, if it happens, considering that I'm moving down and possibly looking at other inferior brands!

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Beautiful boat!! I'd say you are priced right, maybe even slightly low. Should be a relatively quick and painless sale.

Love the wood covering boards on the gunwhales. Did you install those?
    Thank you so much! No, I didn't put the covering boards on....in fact, I'm not a fan! I'm afraid I like nothing but fiberglass on the outside of a boat! I just let them go grey!

Vince