Over the years I've owned my 36 convertible, we've removed most of the teak trim that the boat came with. If you look at the brochure photos, there was quite a bit of exterior teak on the aft bulkhead, mostly gone now. All the ladder treads were also teak, now replaced with stainless. What is left are the following items: the salon door surround, the trim on the window screen in the salon door, the aft bulk head window trim, and that vertical handhold set on the aft bulkhead, parallel to the salon door opening. All these were refinished several years ago, probably with Epiphanes- some done by me and some by a varnishing outfit here in Annapolis.

I've looked at the finishes now on the market and begun setting up to remove all the existing finish, much of which has opened up, and redo all the wood. I've decided to use Awlwood, with the red primer, and I wondered if anyone here has any experience using it. Evidently, when it's applied properly it looks very good and is very durable. Any first-hand experience?