Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

43 sport... prop size

can anyone tell me what size propeller the 43 was built any engine application, i can figure whats needed if i just had an original or current engine, ratio and prop size. just trying to reduce trial and error. have a 1979 43 sportfisherman. new john deere 6081afm 375hp, trying to match proper prop size

Re: 43 sport... prop size

Contact a professional prop shop in your area from whom you plan to buy the props. They will ask you for specs about your boat and will place that data into a computer program and they will advise you about the right props for your boat. I just repowered my 32 Hatt and the engine manufacturer advised us what props to use, which I did and I'm very satisfied.

thanks! i am an engine dealer, and have run the programs, but i like to compare to oringal. that way i can come to a conclusion form both ways, gives us more accurate info....

Call Hatteras with the hull # and they will tell you exactly what was in there originally.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

My 73/43DC came with 24/26 wheels. But I think I'm a bit heavy-er than yours.

BILL