Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

52 foot Hatteras Cockpit Motoryacht

I am in the process of buying a 1998 52' CPMY. I have a few questions about these boats. If anyone on the forum owns this model I would like to ask a few questions. Thanks in advance for the help. Stan

Re: 52 foot Hatteras Cockpit Motoryacht

There are several folks on the forum who have a 52’ series ... ask away.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

I am trying to get a good understanding of the fuel tank system on the 52 cpmy. Which tank feeds the engines and how does the fuel get transferred from the other tanks? Is it by transfer pump or some type of gravity feed system? Thanks.

On my 52, there are 4 tanks. Your tank configuration might be slightly different given the aft cockpit. With the Detroit Diesel Mains, there is a manifold in the engine room that allows you to select the SOURCE and DESTINATION tank (Not sure if this is different w/CAT mains, but imagine its similar) for the engine mains. The Generator only pulls/returns from/to the FWD tank. For moving fuel around and fuel polishing purposes, I have two inline fuel transfer / priming pumps that move about 10gpm.

1) FWD (230g)
    2) FWD Day (77g)
    3) KEEL (450g)
    4) AFT (250g)

If you do not have a set of engineer drawings, I would recommend contacting Hatteras to get a set for the specific model, they are extremely beneficial.
    Best regards,
    --
    David

Hello,
    I am trying to remove that panels on the aft cockpit sides of my 52cpmy. I see three screws at the aft end and that is all. they seem flexible. any thoughts?
    Thank you,
    Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Hat52MY View Post
    On my 52, there are 4 tanks. Your tank configuration might be slightly different given the aft cockpit. With the Detroit Diesel Mains, there is a manifold in the engine room that allows you to select the SOURCE and DESTINATION tank (Not sure if this is different w/CAT mains, but imagine its similar) for the engine mains. The Generator only pulls/returns from/to the FWD tank. For moving fuel around and fuel polishing purposes, I have two inline fuel transfer / priming pumps that move about 10gpm.

1) FWD (230g)
    2) FWD Day (77g)
    3) KEEL (450g)
    4) AFT (250g)

If you do not have a set of engineer drawings, I would recommend contacting Hatteras to get a set for the specific model, they are extremely beneficial.
    I tried to get engineer drawings for Pau Hana in 2021 and was told they didn't have access to them. Your boat being a 1998 may not be the same, but be prepared to be stonewalled.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL