Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Salon AC

Re: New Salon AC

I put a Marinaire unit in back in 2012 and have been very happy with the unit. Just can't believe it been that long feels like it was only 2 years ago not 6
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    After completing the forward guest Stateroom to self contained AC, I've started on the Salon. It's a 24k unit. I went with a Marinaire self contained system. The Marinaire compressor is in a sound shield and has a low startup Amperage at 17. It's also controllable from your smartphone!. It's going in the compartment formerly occupied by the Cruisair air handler. The water lines will run under the sink base, then down behind a panel in the aft Stateroom closet. I can T off the water pump near there, or continue the line up to the existing water manifold in the generator room. The discharge side will Y into an existing condensation drain line in the ER.
    I didn’t know Marinaire made a 24K unit. That’s good news when I need to do my salon.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Few odds and ends left. Clean up wiring, cushion clamps, etc. Wasn't too concerned about thermostat placement because it came with a remote, and you can get a smart phone interface.
    Attached Images

We are officially cool! I can assure you, it is NOT any louder than the old blower only of the split system... On to the next project.
    Attached Images

Smile Re: New Salon AC

Looks great! I'm hiring you to do mine
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    We are officially cool! I can assure you, it is NOT any louder than the old blower only of the split system... On to the next project.
    Probably twice as efficient too.

Did you run supply ducts around the room or does discharge from one vent?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    Probably twice as efficient too.

Did you run supply ducts around the room or does discharge from one vent?
    I didn't mess with the plenum. It would be easy enough to run vents behind the valence on the port side, tying in with or replacing the one big center vent..but that was beyond the scope of this project.

Question for the group. I had to dig a putty like substance out of the chase between the Genny room and under the port bunk in the aft stateroom, to run the new water lines... anybody know what it is and where to get it. I could reuse the old, but it looks like handy stuff to have around

I have been told Hatteras used dolfinite made by Pettit (http://www.pettitpaint.com/media/284...compound-1.pdf) for most sealing/caulking where hose and pipes ran through bulkheads.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
    I have been told Hatteras used dolfinite made by Pettit (http://www.pettitpaint.com/media/284...compound-1.pdf) for most sealing/caulking where hose and pipes ran through bulkheads.
    IDK Peter. This stuff looks like silly putty and playdough had a baby. It's a light green, has a slight sheen, and is very pliable...non hardening. Most other lines passing through walls may indeed be dolfinite, This stuff is only found on the very large rubber hose lined chases, 7-8 inches in diameter...this stuff fills the voids..