Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Salon AC

New Salon AC

After completing the forward guest Stateroom to self contained AC, I've started on the Salon. It's a 24k unit. I went with a Marinaire self contained system. The Marinaire compressor is in a sound shield and has a low startup Amperage at 17. It's also controllable from your smartphone!. It's going in the compartment formerly occupied by the Cruisair air handler. The water lines will run under the sink base, then down behind a panel in the aft Stateroom closet. I can T off the water pump near there, or continue the line up to the existing water manifold in the generator room. The discharge side will Y into an existing condensation drain line in the ER.
    Attached Images

Re: New Salon AC

Is that parquet flooring under that dust? If so you might take it out and save it, you may need to patch something in the galley in the future.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

It's the same parquet as in the kitchen and pilot house..little water damaged. The condensate drain line was plugged up and dripped onto the floor there. Next winter's project is to put Amtico in the Galley and Pilothouse..never ends!

Are you going to sell the copper lines.

I think they will also fit the 53 model .
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    Are you going to sell the copper lines.

I think they will also fit the 53 model .
    Not sure if I want to go to the effort to remove them intact, and some future owner might want to reverse what I've done, so I'm just going to tuck the line set against the forward wall. Although I was tempted to partially pull it, and use the chase space to run the water lines.

Original parts bring big bux.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by dottieshusband View Post
    Not sure if I want to go to the effort to remove them intact, and some future owner might want to reverse what I've done, so I'm just going to tuck the line set against the forward wall. Although I was tempted to partially pull it, and use the chase space to run the water lines.
    He’s pulling your leg.
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    He’s pulling your leg.
    Oh I appreciate Boatsb sense of humor. Given that copper is copper, and the ease of fabricating a line set, I don't see much numismatic value in it being off a Hatteras. But now, the old inop 24k air handler, I'm just surprised nobody has stolen it out of the dumpster yet!

If you are going to discharge your cooling water through an old condensate drain then make sure there are condensate drains still attached. If you get a blockage or restriction at the discharge, the cooling water will find another way out. That could be through the condensate drains.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

So far so good. I decided to hook to the original water manifold s in the generator room. Once the supply and discharge lines were behind the access panel in the aft Guest Stateroom, it was convienient to route them along the original freon lines to the Genny room. I'm impressed with the Marinaire unit. Built in guages, easy access charging ports, and compressor in a sound shield..
    Attached Images