Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1985 43MY Engine Room Blower Location??

Needing to replace both of my 12VDC engine room blowers, according to the drawings the only way to access is to Pull the interior wallboard on either side. and they are supposed to be mounted there. Do not want to pull paneling unless necessary, anyone have experience with this And also want to have the correct ones in hand once I do the task...are they Flange mounted or on Stands, any guidance is much appreciated

Re: 1985 43MY Engine Room Blower Location??

if they're original and still in the original locations I'd be amazed. Then again they're probably not working if they are.

I don't know how hard it is to pull the wall panels in hour boat but in my 41c easy.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boatsb View Post
    if they're original and still in the original locations I'd be amazed. Then again they're probably not working if they are.
    Well, in my 1982 43' DCFB, both 110 volt head exhaust blowers and both 12 volt ER blowers are all original and working.

I have no idea how to get to the head exhaust blowers. The ER blowers are easy and I have already replaced the galley blower.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

I had to cut an access hole in the starboard engine room forward wall to find the generator blower, it was tucked behind it. Unbelievable.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Thanks for the inputs...Next step it to take a small child with me to see if they can get to the area to look form them before I pull panels

They are behind the paneling. Take your time removing. Easy job on my 1986.

thanks ScottyB...DO you know if they should be Flange or Stand mount type ?