Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Pre-purchase question

Does anyone know the height of a 34' Hatteras convertible? .I am looking seriously at one in Florida, and want to have her shipped up to Solomons MD. I am looking for helm height as is needed would remove the canopy.

Thanks you

Fred

Re: Pre-purchase question

A member here has trucked his series I 36C. I think the FB windshield had to come off. It takes a low trailer and an experienced trucker. I know it was successfully trucked because I passed it on I 95.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    A member here has trucked his series I 36C. I think the FB windshield had to come off. It takes a low trailer and an experienced trucker. I know it was successfully trucked because I passed it on I 95.
    Yes this boat would also have to come up I95 to the beltway, then down route 4 to Solomons

That was me, and yes the bridge windshield had to be removed.

For shipping, try Miami Cradle, see if you can find them on line. They moved my boat and did a great job. Charlie, is the owner, I think. I used to have numbers etc for them but can't find them now.

SeaEric saw it going in the other direction, moving faster on land than it ever moved on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by 577Nitro View Post
    Yes this boat would also have to come up I95 to the beltway, then down route 4 to Solomons
    Could you save some mile$, including the narrow ones, by launching somewhere close off I-95 South of DC..... Just float down the Potomac.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

She is located in florida, and I want her brought up

Is it runable by water? Could be cheaper to hire a capt to run it north for you

You would not save enough to make it worth it. Also, there areseveral well-equipped yards in Solomons which take boats off transporters all the time, and can check the boat out before launching her. Solomons is East and possibly a bit South of Washington. There are no marinas in the DC area that I know of which are set up to accept a boat on a transporter and launch it. There must be somewhere to get boats hauled and launched in DC but I don't know of anywhere. Most boats in DC seem to stay in DC and are used for local boating. Quentin could comment on yards over there as he stays in that area and would know more. My personal feeling is that there would be nothing to gain by delivering the boat to DC, and it would be a huge headache, if you've ever been in DC traffic you'd know.