Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

quick connect dock hose fitting

hi, i have a 52' sport fish and in the cockpit i have a quick connect fitting for dock water. Does anyone know what kind of fitting this is? i need to hook it up to my shore water connection, but i dont know what kind of fitting it is.

Re: quick connect dock hose fitting

http://parts.samsmarine.com/PartSear...temNmbr=93627A

You need this part. I never hook up to shore water as I'm afraid of sinking my boat if I forget to turn it off and something goes wrong. Just use your water tanks. Much easier and safer.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Quote Originally Posted by RonNP View Post
    http://parts.samsmarine.com/PartSear...temNmbr=93627A

You need this part. I never hook up to shore water as I'm afraid of sinking my boat if I forget to turn it off and something goes wrong. Just use your water tanks. Much easier and safer.
    You prefer not to maintain your plumbing system? How come?
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

I maintain it, just prefer not to take a risk with a high pressure dock hose. Once had a plumbing disaster in my RV by hooking up to the park's water supply. Lesson learned.
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

On all the Hatteras sport fish I have been on this same fitting was used for the wash down hoses (fresh & salt) so dock water or not you would need the fitting.

I maintain it, just prefer not to take a risk with a high pressure dock hose. Once had a plumbing disaster in my RV by hooking up to the park's water supply. Lesson learned.
    Don't maintain the pressure regulation either then?

/
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

7. Re: quick connect dock hose fitting

Yep I would rather smoke a fresh water pump anyday after the tanks run dry. I have had 3 major leaks in the last 3 years. Granted cold weather was the cause of 2 of those, but nonetheless be careful!

Thanks guys. $141 is a lot for such a fitting considering you can get quick hose fittings elsewhere for a lot cheaper. Any reason this is so big and so expensive? do other boats use similar fittings or this is a samsmarine purchase only?

I believe they are, big and expensive because they will last as long as your boat. I am sure mine is from 1982. I also believe that when hooked up to shore water, the water does not go thru the fresh water tank or use your onboard pump for pressure.

Pete

These fittings are readily available at just about any plumbing supply for less than $50.00. Just depends on the material you want. Stainless, brass, aluminum, etc.