Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Key West Trip

Re: Key West Trip

Same here we have a couple of big crocodiles swimming around the marina, boat ramp and the club mooring field. People paddleboard and kayak around, kids sailing summer camp. It's only a matter of time.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

We are doing a slow relaxing trip down. Staying in buttonwood in Key Largo so Are there any other good spots to anchor between islamorada and Marathon on the outside?
    Marcus & Michelle
    1968 50' MY Felicity
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Quote Originally Posted by M&MArmenta View Post
    We are doing a slow relaxing trip down. Staying in buttonwood in Key Largo so Are there any other good spots to anchor between islamorada and Marathon on the outside?
    No. Stay inside to Channel 5. Shell Key and Lingnumvitae cool and used to have a couple of moorings. For anchoring, good holding and protection from southerly stuff.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Same here we have a couple of big crocodiles swimming around the marina, boat ramp and the club mooring field. People paddleboard and kayak around, kids sailing summer camp. It's only a matter of time.
    Wow that really does sound scary and an accident waiting to happen. Good to know for future time when i we will be able to get down there.

George, Thanks, I like that idea, I was originally mainly concerned about water depth between Islamorada and marathon area but it sounds like a 4’ draft won’t be a issue.Marcus
    Marcus & Michelle
    1968 50' MY Felicity
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL