Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Rolls and rolls of carbon fiber veil material

I have 18 rolls of carbon fiber veil purchased as surplus from a boat yard that was going out of business. They are 7” wide by 500yds long. They were using them to skin racing sailboats. Anyhow, it sells for $10/yd online as retail. If interested in buying 2 or more I will sell for $100/roll. Let me know if interested.

Re: Rolls and rolls of carbon fiber veil material

Quote Originally Posted by oceanjake View Post
    I have 18 rolls of carbon fiber veil purchased as surplus from a boat yard that was going out of business. They are 7” wide by 500yds long. They were using them to skin racing sailboats. Anyhow, it sells for $10/yd online as retail. If interested in buying 2 or more I will sell for $100/roll. Let me know if interested.
    NOT SURE BUT BASED ON WHAT LITTLE I KNOW

You need to know what kind of resin will the fiber except felonic or apoxie. More than likely apoxie.

Possible may need a impregnation machine to put the resin in the fiber. 400,000 might get u a small one

not as simple as just moping resin on it it has to be saturated or forced in the fiber evenly.

It would be grate for broken or cracked stringers in custom boats. Cracks in stress area. But you need to be sure the resin is forced in the fiber.

Re: Rolls and rolls of carbon fiber veil material

I’m using it on some in-deck fish boxes I’m building by simply rolling on epoxy resin, laying the veil, and using a bubble buster to laminate it. The resin comes right through and the surface is smooth unlike cloth. This is the product:http://www.tfpglobal.com/products/op...urface-finish/