Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatteras nameplates

I installed the stainless Hatteras (oldstyle) nameplates I got from Mike, today. Photos coming. They are beautifully made, they fit perfectly, and they look a treat. It occurred to me that they will be the last set of them I will need. I'll save the plastic ones, which I was replacing not quite yearly, as a souvenir. Not to take anything away from Sam's, with whom I am a loyal customer, but these are so nice I could not resist.

On the calendar: refinishing all the wood on the back bulkhead (after all these years, not much remains, but it does need revarnishing), and installling the Hatteras rodholders bought last fall from Sam's. This will require a little filling and AwlGrip, so I am going to do the woodwork first. There are other areas where the paint needs touched up, so I will do them all together after prepping them in turn.

Blue Note went into the water late this year, because of our delayed cold and wet spring, and also because installing new quarter fenders aft, which slowed us up as well. But they look nice, and it turns out I can still fill and fair and paint AG. I'm just not very fast.

2. Re: Hatteras nameplates

It's funny you mention the stainless logo's...I am selling our stainless logos and switching to the OE plastic style from Sams.

Here is a link and pic:

http://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sho...037#post333037

They are amazing quality, but are not age appropriate for our boat.

3. Re: Hatteras nameplates

BTW, Any pics?

Re: Hatteras nameplates

Coming. I have to try again. They are so shiny that the photos I took today the logos burned out. I'm going to try again tomorrow in earlier light. Nice problem to have LOL

Re: Hatteras nameplates

I added a couple to my image gallery. The new logos are so shiny they are hard to shoot- like a mirror.