Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Fairly priced Keys Marinas?

Thanks everyone. $24 a foot for a month in the Keys? Ya know...nowadays, that's a fair rate for a decent spot. We recently paid $5 a foot for the night in Key West. (something is wrong when the hotel room is cheaper than the hotel dock space). Plantation Harbor sounds like a good choice. Marsh Harbor or Islamorada? HMMMMM.... At least in the Keys you pay US prices and have your car with you. Decisions. Decisions.

Wow I am paying $400/month including electricity. Landlord has us leave a/c, water heaters, etc off when not here. I can move to Dulac and it is $200/month plus electricity. I like the keys but think I will stick to flying in

Don't know where that $400 a month is but $24 a ft per month on a monthly basis is cheap for anything south of st Augustine

Again PYH is a great place. Many nice anchorages close by, not far from the Bahamas. The only question is how long the wait list is...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Don't know where that $400 a month is but $24 a ft per month on a monthly basis is cheap for anything south of st Augustine

Again PYH is a great place. Many nice anchorages close by, not far from the Bahamas. The only question is how long the wait list is...
    Port Fourchon, LA
    The beach life aint really here nor are there any golf courses but probably some of the best fishing in the US.

5. Re: Fairly priced Keys Marinas?

[QUOTE=Pascal;332972] The only question is how long the wait list is...[/QUOTE

For an annual slip, the list is quite long; we waited nearly 3 years, and in the interim I've been told that no new listees will be accepted until the list gets whittled down. PYH is owned and operated by the Village of Islamorada which has mandated that no more than 50% of the slips can be under an annual lease.

OTOH, monthly or less slips can be reserved no more that 60 days in advance. These rentals are for a maximum of 8 months, but you have to leave for 6 months before returning. See the website for full details. So, for a winter residence, I'd suggest calling for a reservation no later than August 1. PHY is usually full by November.
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Better than southern Calif. rates
    Depends on where in So. Cal. Newport is much higher. Marina Del Rey a bit Cheaper as is San Pedro. LA Harbor is around $11.50 per foot but not what anybody would call a resort.

For my money, Faro Blanco in Marathon is the nicest marina in the Keys, short of Key West.. not cheap, but very nice.

Marathon is depressing. Trailer park after trailer park.... a lot further with traffic when driving down to the boat
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

9. Re: Fairly priced Keys Marinas?

Marathon is depressing. Trailer park after trailer park.... a lot further with traffic when driving down to the boat
    Agree 100%
    Bill
    Brickell - Miami, Fl
    Cape Elizabeth, Maine

We are in Stuart and $14 on an annual. Changing it up this year and going to Vero for 'Cane season. We will be going up a few bucks a foot for doing so...