Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

See, I can be positive! Wholesale Marine & Hodges Marine

Wholesale Marine (Cincinnati) consistently gets orders out the same day. I had a return the other day that did not fit their return policy and was denied. A supervisor called me back as promised and couldn't have been nicer in deciding in my favor. Saturday, I placed an order for some more paint. Monday morning by 9 AM I already had the tracking number. Trouble was I wanted to add one more item to the order. WM (not to be confused with the other WM) said they couldn't do that. But, the gal created a new order, and it's going out today with a N/C on the shipping since my original order was freight paid. Best of all, my orders always arrive at the boat in two days after placement (UPS).

Hodges Marine, Oldsmar, FL, also is spot-on with customer service. They get the orders out. They also do not charge sales tax on out of state orders (Before anyone tee's it up, don't assume I don't pay the use tax in SC. At least I can file in a cheaper part of the state than Charleston.). Funny thing though, Hodges ships FEDEX Ground. FEDEX Ground delivers to the marina daily. But what happens is that FEDEX gets the order to Charleston in two days and then hands-off to the USPS for the actual delivery. The USPS then sends it out special delivery (Post Office style) and a two day delivery is now a 4 day deal.

BTW, have you noticed shippers are doing the airline deal? That is, giving you a scheduled arrival time and almost always beating it. You can dislocate a shoulder patting yourself on the back too much.

Anyway, these two supply houses do a consistently great job.

3 Thumbs Up.jpg
    I give them the coveted THREE THUMBS UP rating.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Re: See, I can be positive! Wholesale Marine & Hodges Marine

It was Wholesale Marine who agreed to a full refund on my $500 rode even after I told them I used it once. Good service.

Haven’t used WM, but agree on Hodges Marine; they back ordered one of my Ultra switches (Ultra’s issue, not theirs), and they were very responsive on questions, etc. I called Ultra myself to check their story - they said my switch would ship in 4 weeks...somehow I got it in 4 days.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Have not used Wholesale Marine, but will give them a try. Use Hodges on a regular basis and they have yet to disappoint me.
    Pete
    1976 Hatteras 48 LRC
    Blue Chip