Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Overhead storage in engine room.

We're living on board a '53 MY and will probably only take one or two short trips this year. I've been considering putting overhead storage racks (think garage storage racks) in the engine rooms. They are steel/wire construction. Obviously I'd have to remove anything heat sensitive or flammable before firing up the engines but does anyone have any other concerns with doing this?
    Thanks

John

Re: Overhead storage in engine room.

Air flow.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I saw a 58 motor yacht that had racks built over the engines, I did not like it but it did add a lot of storage the boat is listed on Yachtworld it is in San Diego there is one picture that shows the rack a little. I would give you a link to it but I am not that smart. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Air flow.
    I was thinking about that and would probably have to remove anything stored on the racks before going anywhere. It's not a perfect solution to liveaboard storage shortage but can probably help somewhat.
    Thanks!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    I saw a 58 motor yacht that had racks built over the engines, I did not like it but it did add a lot of storage the boat is listed on Yachtworld it is in San Diego there is one picture that shows the rack a little. I would give you a link to it but I am not that smart. John
    Found it. That's exactly what I had in mind.
    http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1979...g#.Wxg0IFVKiHs