Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice

Advice

I’m looking at a 1997 51’ Sunseeker . Detroit 6V92 with 50 hours . Does anybody have a opinion on these makes . Will need to take it from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas then to San Carlos Mexico in Sonora . Was wishing for some advice also because it’s been in fresh water since new . Anything I need do special now that it will will go in salt water? Awl craft 2000 bottom paint was used but someone said I will need a salt water paint? Thank you .

Re: Advice

You need to find new sources of information.

Awlcraft 2000 is for above the waterline. It is not a bottom paint.

The boat will need proper zincs, cooling systems checked, underwater inlets need strainers specific to the area you'll be running in and you probably should look for spare props if they're not already with the boat.

Getting a full engine survey is a good idea before it the long trip especially if you're just buying the boat.

Making sure batteries electrical, pumps and Emergency Equipment is up-to-date is Paramount.

You also may want to get a life raft considering it's not a Hatteras
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

A 21 year old boat with only 50 hours? Unless those engines were recently replaced, how do you say, "Run, Forrest, Run" in Spanish?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

corre Forest corre
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.