Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 52c Refit

Hybrid View

52c Refit

Hi everyone, we are back at it again. Since Hurricane Harvey has forcefully inspired us to this refit. The boat is currently seaworthy but having to deal with mainly cosmetic issues. My wife and I were looking over the fiberglass repair work today and going over the things we have been wanting to upgrade and change. Our discussion brought on many questions that we wanted to bounce off you all since many of you have dealt with these things. I have looked at previous posts but many are dated and curious if any new items or suggestions may arise.Exterior: the fiberglass trim around the gunnel on the inside near cushions, looking to remove so we can put a smooth teak cap, it seems cosmetic to fend off water and not structural, wanting to see what y’all think. Windows, has anyone tried lookout windows and your take on the upgrade and installation Interior: upgrade our lights to led and replace headliner, undercounter fridge and freezer- drawer or traditional, brand and why We are doing other projects but are there things that you could surest, things that you may have wished you had done ThanksBrooks

Re: 52c Refit

I’m in the middle of doing a refit on my 53my. I expect to go though the boat top to bottom Over the next few years. Check out my instagram page. Instagram/xjs69. Currently I’m working on putting in a galley.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Some pics of a 52c.
    Attached Images
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    I’m in the middle of doing a refit on my 53my. I expect to go though the boat top to bottom Over the next few years. Check out my instagram page. Instagram/xjs69. Currently I’m working on putting in a galley.
    I just checked out your Instagram page. All l can say is OMG. How long from start to finish?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I hope to have it finished by October 2020.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

I strongly suggest no 53 owner looks up Tools n Toys instagram.... i ve been following him for a while and the recent post or the whole galley floor being ripped to completely redo the genny room has given me ideas that i shouldnt be considering. I ve pretty much decided to do the same once i get to that area which in my case will be a head (old dinette) and third staterrrom (old galley)
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Some updated pics, cockpit coming is coming along, port side damage is repaired, still have a few more fiberglass repairs to go