Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

75 MY new Hardtop source

Trying to get quotes on having a new hardtop fabricated and installed on a Hatt 2002 CMY. Boat is in S Fl but willing to travel. Got a budget quote in Ft Lauderdale, makes me wonder....

Any suggestions / recommendations?

Re: 75 MY new Hardtop source

What about the quote makes you "wonder" ?
    Do you need a frame or just the hardtop?
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Total package with all new components, existing Bimini arrangement will go, 75K to 105K depending on options, seems a bit strong

If it's the big boys like Pipe Welders, Palm Beach Towers, Bosch American it's going to be pricey.
    You have to find a smaller outfit that wants the work.
    Might have to source the top separately from the metal and then have the metal people install it, or something.
    There's a ton of small shops that can build what you need in South Florida, just have to find the right ones. Even the big boys job out a lot of the frp work, and then at least double the price.

Had this outfit redo my hardtop and build some other stuff about 10-12 years ago. They're able to make a lot of stuff, interesting place...
    Z Glassing Fiberglass Shop (954) 520-5754.
    Also had a new frame built at the same time by a shop in Hialeah, Blue Water??? can't find them though. Think their big customer might have been Dusky, did great work.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E