Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Marquip 1000 davit, Golo Hoist

Hey all, I have a Marquip 1000 lb davit that has a winch that is not sufficient for the 13 whaler we have. This winch is the type that you would put on the front of a 4x4. I have done some research and was told this Davit used the GOLO hoist as a standard. I purchased a used GOLO hoist, which I expected the Davit would be ready to accept. This was not the case, the opening in the side of the Davit was too small. Marquip has not been very helpful, as they tell me, If I open up the hole in the side of the davit, I will weaken it too much..

I am confused, if the information on the Marquip web site still references the GOLO hoist, how would this davit be compromised?

Does anyone out there have this davit with the GOLO hoist? I would appreciate any information.
    A photo would be great..

Ken

Re: Marquip 1000 davit, Golo Hoist

Did it come with a golo or another type of winch when new?

It could be it was not a standard system and can not be retrofitted.

Did you ask marquipt about selling you the correct winch?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

A picture of your davit would help. Our 1000 Marquip used a Golo, but there are a variety of designs with the same capacity.
    George
    Former Owner: "Incentive" 1981 56MY
    2007-2014

Pics please. I’m sure it can be done. You may need a marine fabricator to modify and reinforce your davit for the new winch, but you’ll be happy when it lifts your whaler happily. By the way, now would be a good time to switch to synthetic rope vs cable.

Marquip asked for a serial no, which I cannot locate. The boat is a 1979, and the davit has Hatteras written on the inside, so I assume it came with the boat since new. Marquip does not seem to know what winch it came with. I was under the impression that they all came with GOLO.

I will post a few pictures , and thanks for the input..

K

Hey all, I have attached a few photos of my davit.
    The opening in the side of the davit is 5 in X 5 in. The Golo needs a large opening, 7.5 in X 8 in.

Does anyone have this style davit with the Golo winch?

K

Davit 1.JPGDavit 3.jpgDavit 2.JPG